The Jefferson County School System located in the greater metropolitan area of Birmingham is Alabama’s second largest school district. With 52 schools, 2,564 teachers, and 35,843 students, the system offers a multitude of academic, career technical, and extracurricular opportunities for students.
“Our vision is to be recognized as a district characterized by educational excellence at the State, Regional, National, and International levels.”
The Jefferson county School System is committed to excellence in teaching and learning for all.
As a Professional Learning Community, we have a collective commitment to the following:
· Ensure achievement for all students by offering a challenging curriculum along with career tech pathways.
· Utilize data to guide decision-making and continuous improvement.
· Establish collaborative teaming focused on teaching and learning.
· Support faculty, administrators, and staff through relevant professional learning opportunities.
· Value skills and expertise of all employees.
· Build and maintain effective communication with families and communities.
Safe and Disciplined Schools: All schools provide a safe and orderly environment.
Quality Teachers: All classrooms have highly qualified, successful, and professionally fulfilled teachers.
Challenging Curricula: All students are held to high standards by meeting or exceeding proficiency.
Effective School Leaders: All Jefferson County leaders meet or exceed the state leadership standards.